We don’t know what it is, but we want to eat sweet things all day… is it because of summer? All the same, we do know we cannot spend the entire day eating whatever we feel like… which is why we’re bringing you a sweet, marvellous and truly healthy recipe today. We must look after ourselves and what better way is there of doing that than with recipes from a different planet. It’s a wonderful way of eating quality products that are good for our muscular bodies.
How about a sponge cake that has the precise balance of softness and sweetness? And what if we were to tell you it also has chocolate? That’s always yummy! A chocolate cake will bring anyone around and is always welcome in any home. Besides, there’s no gluten and it’s full of healthy foodstuffs. Everybody can eat it. As usual, it’s a recipe from our dear Beingbiotiful.
Ingredients (for 6 persons)
- 100 g almond flour
- 100 g oatmeal flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered vanilla
- 1 tablet black chocolate (70% minimum cocoa)
- 125 ml olive oil (or coconut oil, if you like)
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 1 medium peeled banana
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (optional)
· Hemp seeds
· Coconut yogurt
· Melted chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a cake tin with coconut oil or baking paper. Mix the flours, salt and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Switch off the fire when the chocolate has melted and add the peanut butter (if you decide to use it). Then mix in the olive oil, eggs, banana and maple syrup until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Stir the two flours into the chocolate mix until you obtain a smooth texture.
- Bake at 180ºC for approximately 25 minutes or until the knife blade comes out dry and clean. Remove from the oven. You can melt more chocolate to pour on the servings.