We’re longing for spring… it seems like those warm, sunny days are longer in coming this year. The rain and cold have stolen the show these past weeks, which is why we’re proposing a new version of the classic potato salad today, from our admired @beingbiotiful. Welcome spring!
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
For the potatoes:
- 10 new potatoes or the smallest ones
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ garlic clove, grated
- ½ lemon peel, grated
For the pea pesto:
- 150g peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 30g toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 handfuls of basil
- 80ml olive oil
Steps for the pesto:
- Place the green peas, garlic clove, pine nuts (previously toasted), lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and salt in the food processor and run it a little. Add the basil and very slowly blend in the olive oil until you obtain the desired texture.
- Store in an airtight jar, adding a little lemon juice on top.
- Steps for the potatoes:
- Heat the oven to 200ºC. Clean the potatoes and place them in a cooking pot with plenty of water and a pinch of salt. Cook them for approximately 15 minutes or until you find they are fairly easy to pierce with a knife.
- Drain and let them cool a bit. Use the bottom of a medium sized glass to crush each potato lightly. Do this to all the potatoes. Lay them out on a tray; add the olive oil, salt, pepper, grated garlic and lemon. Mix well and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until they are truly crunchy. Serve the potatoes in a bowl with the pea pesto, arugula, pickled onion, radish and chopped chives.
- Sliced radish
- Pickled onion (cut ½ red onion very fine, place it in a jar or bowl and add 125ml of water, apple vinegar and a pinch of salt. Let it stand for at least 30 minutes.)