One of the things we like most about Christmas is being able to prepare typical Christmas recipes. Of course, always making a different version to give it our personal touch. A classic recipe that cannot be missed during these special days is gingerbread biscuits. And if they are healthy… so much the better!
These biscuits are delicious! We have used a secret ingredient that we have found after searching in many places. The same taste but much healthier and more delicious. Do you want to find out which ingredient it is? Well… Let’s do it!
- 10 tablespoons of coconut or panela sugar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 85g cooked and finely mashed beans
- 65g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 310g oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ginger powder
- 30g 70% chocolate for melting
- Mix the beans, butter, egg and coconut sugar until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- On the other hand, mix the oat flour with the ginger and cinnamon until you have a dough with a smooth and compact texture.
- Divide the dough into two parts so that you can stretch it better and place it between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it is half a centimetre thick. When the dough is ready, put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Now all that remains is to give the biscuits the shape you want and put them in the oven for 9-15 min. at 180ºC. The time will depend on the thickness of the biscuit.
- Melt the chocolate and decorate the biscuits. Ready!