In a few days one of the most awaited dates for the whole family arrives. Father’s Day is just around the corner and you have a great opportunity to show all your love to one of the most important people in your life. It is a very special day for all dads and for 24 hours they are allowed to be the only protagonists. So now it’s time to think of original gifts for them.
So to celebrate this day we propose several original DIY ideas so that you can give your dads a super original and sustainable gift, and in no time at all you will have the perfect present!
Happy Father’s Day!
Card with message in the shape of hands
- Marker pen
Steps to follow:
- You have to draw the outline of your hands on a piece of cardboard.
- Now you have to fold the card at the edge of the drawing on the left side so that it can be opened and cut it out.
- Inside we glue a cardboard heart and write a beautiful message. Imagination to the power!
Recycled candle with a personalised message
- Candles that have run out of wick or have run out of wick.
- Clean glass jar
- New candle wick
- A saucepan suitable for bain-marie
- A pair of tweezers
- A pair of chopsticks
- Decoration material such as: string, scraps…
Steps to follow:
- Collect the leftover wax from old candles.
- Put them in a pot with water (covering half of the jars) in a bain-marie.
- When the wax is melted, pour the contents of all the jars into one container and mix the hot wax so that it is well blended.
- We choose a glass jar that we like and with the hot silicone we stick the new wick in the bottom of the jar. Tie two toothpicks together and place them in such a way that they hold the wick in the centre of the jar.
- Now pour the hot wax into the new glass jar. Use a strainer so that no traces of the old wick fall out.
- Wait for the candle to cool down, cut the wick so that only one centimetre remains above the wax and personalise the jar in the way you like best. We’ll give you an idea, just press play!